Thursday, June 16, 2011

Deployment

Myself and 3 kiddos are one month in a 12 month deployment. I hope to use this outlet to share what we did during deployment and just maybe it'll help someone else.

Today, I came across Psalm 131 and I knew right away it is a deployment verse for me. Here it is in the message version:

"God, I'm not trying to rule the roost, I don't want to be king of the mountain.
I haven't meddled where I have no business or fantisized grandeois plans.

I've kept my feet on the ground,
I've cultivated a quiet heart.
Like a baby content in it's mother's arms,
my sould is a baby content.

Wait, Isreal, for God. Wait with hope!
Hope now; hope always!

This does not describe my personality at all.....I want it to be a victory verse after this deployment. I know I need to quiet my soul sometimes and not meddle where I have no business.

LORD, help me to be still and know YOU are God!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to following your journey. :) I cannot imagine having my husband deploy! Just having friends go over is stressful enough for me.

    ReplyDelete