Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 3 of the Deployment Love Dare

Love is not selfish!

If there were ever a word that basically means the opposite of love, it's selfishness. The grim reality is that we are all selfish, we are born that way. It is something we all have to fight against.


We are all familiar with 1 Corinthians 13, The Love Chapter. Some of you might have even had it as apart of your wedding. We usually stop before verse 11, but if you continue, it says this:


"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me."


So.....the question of the day is......"have you put your childish ways behind you?" Are you treating others the way you would like to be treated?


Are you treating your spouse as the precious gift from God that they are?


Here is the challenge:
Mail something special to your spouse. Something that says you are thinking of them.

I found this card at the exchange today. I love it! sooo cute! My hubby is a reservists currently on active duty so this card is perfect for us! :-)


www.excellentorpraiseworthy.org


No comments:

Post a Comment